In Mo Yang and Renana Gutman in recital (Merkin Concert Hall)
An afternoon recital from young Korean violinist with a paino (27 September).
- Bach Sonata no 1 – was a searing, intense violin sonata. In Mo Yang indicated this is standard repertoire for auditions and competitions but not concerts
- Janáček Sonata for Violin and Piano. This was a remarkable, almost painful piece of music
- Symanowski, Three Paganini Caprices, in contrast, was tremendous fun.
- Mendelssohn, Violin Sonata F Major, arrange Menuhin was stunning.
- As an encore: Clara Schumann, Romance in D Major was exquisite and delicate